A duck in a dartboard.

Many years ago I went on a TFG (Twyford Fellowship Group) weekend. This is no big deal, I went on loads but on this partciular one we were experimenting with prophecy. I seem to remember we had alot of pictures of sausages and other amusing sources of prophecy (which all amazingly meant something to someone) but I had a picture of a duck in a dartboard. Stay with me :0)

The thing about throwing a duck in a dartboard is it isn't really very effective. Obviously I haven't ever tried but I can imagine that there would be quite alot of resistant from said bird and the pub owners (or wherever your dartboard is located) may be resistant to you bringing birds into their establishment in the first place, but the main point is a duck isn't fit for purpose (had to get the middle management speak in there somewhere).

In order to score a bullseye you need a dart.

I had an amazing but sobering picture this morning -possibly 20 years on from that prophecy but least said about that the better..... :0"
The picture was of me trying to hold back a massive wall. I think this has been me trying to control everything going on in my life and trying to stop it from getting on top of me. But what I realised this morning is that God wants me to let go. Completely let go because He is behind this wall. As I let go in my mind an amazing amount of water flooded out and I was scared that I would simply get washed away. But I didn't. I just floated happily, loving it, becasue I love the water.
NO WONDER I GET EXHAUSTED.

It made me think about all the things I am trying to hold back from God, trying to control myself for fear of being completely destroyed by them. But what if what I'm holding back is a huge wall of God's blessings? 

I think for a long time now this has been my prayer life. I've been filling the empty space with words, words that have intention but no meaning, no desire to really listen. Until I master the art of truly letting God be God my words are empty.

They are my desires not His.

A duck in a dartboard.











No ducks were harmed in the writing of this blog.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Choose life.

Be prepared!!

The house that ?? built.