The house that ?? built.

I'm having an extension! My husband isn't, just me. Right now I think the occupant is adding furnishings and making everything cosy. Confused? Well it may help to know that  it's nothing to do with our actual house at all- we're having our first baby!

When I had my first twinge/cramp early on having discovered I was expecting at about six weeks , I was really scared that I was going to lose the baby. When you feel those pains panic sets in and suddenly you start to question everything- it's an unsettling time. But God showed me that  I must have belief and in that word are the words BE LIFE- a promise that has and will stick with me throughout this. He also showed me that those pains are like having building work done and it's all part of the journey. 

So here is the building plan so far....

The first thing to happen at about eight weeks was the bedroom was created (and sometimes it felt like they were trying to fit a wide screen TV in as well!). It was at this time where i was reminded of our bodies being "living temples" and i liked the idea that they were making space to grow but also worship. They also fitted an ensuite bathroom which meant I was visiting on a considerably more regular basis- enough said!

Once they'd made themselves comfy in the bedroom they started on the downstairs. They fitted a kitchen which meant I suddenly didn't want to eat anymore  (I always thought i'd never be able to give up certain foods- not least caffeine (have you met my coffee head husband??) and a lounge which made me feel very UNcomfortable! I think they're also gearing up for a sports hall as when we saw our little squatter on the 12 week scan they were kicking a lot and they also jumped!

Now at fourteen weeks I think we're having an extension put in- walls are being knocked down and the shape of everything is changing including of course me- although that doesn't show just yet.

It's all very exciting and on the whole I am enjoying it but every now and then I remember that at some point the tenant has to leave.....

Comments

  1. What a great blog Caz. I'm so excited for you and you have such a great way of expressing things. Hope the pregnancy continues to go well and that the extension doesn't get extended too quickly!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Choose life.

A duck in a dartboard.